Title: Publications Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Based at: Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame Museum, New Castle
Job purpose: To assist in managing day-to-day operations of Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame organization and museum focused on publications and presential items.
Key Responsibilities may include, but not exclusively:
- Produce and design the quarterly Indiana Basketball History Magazine with articles and information provided by the Executive Director and Assistant Director.
- Produce and design event programs/brochures for the various Hall of Fame events.
- Produce and design press releases for IBHOF.
- Be the main person to update and add social media posts via the various modes.
- Be the primary Adflow (Daktronics) designer for the IBHOF Interactive Displays and visuals in the museum.
- Welcome museum visitors and serve as representative of the organization as needed, internally and externally while providing input to creatively market and promote the museum and grow museum attendance and awareness.
- Answer to the executive director, President of the Board and board members in other duties as needed.
A previous knowledge of the following programs and applications will be beneficial: Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook), Adobe Creative Suite (including InDesign and Photoshop), proficient use of email and internet, including social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
The successful candidate must be able to manage many responsibilities in a non-profit museum setting and must be able to thrive in a small office environment with heavy volunteer involvement. An extensive knowledge of Indiana high school basketball history is not necessary, but a willingness to learn on the job is a must. Applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Previous publication experience is helpful.
Duties may include lifting, handling delicate and unique memorabilia. Long days, including evening and weekend hours, will be required at various times throughout the year.
Must be able to work with a volunteer staff with a wide range of ages, background, education, skills and abilities. Must communicate well, work well with others, display promptness, dependability, trustworthiness and have an upbeat and positive demeanor at all times.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume, including at least three personal references and employment history with pay as soon as possible.
Application will remain open until position is filled. Resumes and materials may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to One Hall of Fame Court, New Castle, IN 47362. No phone calls – no exceptions.