Title: Development Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Based at: Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame museum, New Castle; some duties of the position may be performed remotely and/or involve travel.
Job purpose: To help develop new fundraising opportunities, while growing existing fundraising projects and engaging with Hall of Fame members and donors to support the Hall’s museum, events and operations.
Key Responsibilities may include, but not exclusively:
- Creation and execution of recurring events to involve HOF members and donors and attract them to visit the museum.
- Serve as a contact for HOF members and donors, keeping them involved and informed of Hall of Fame activities.
- Significant involvement in fundraising activities including planning, staffing, and executing events with executive director and staff.
- Grow Hall of Fame fundraising efforts in annual membership campaign, HOF awards banquet congratulatory advertisement marketing campaigns, corporate sponsorships and partnerships and develop a plan to better implement planned gifts to the organization from members, inductees, donors and volunteers.
- Provide input to creatively market and promote the museum and grow museum attendance and awareness.
- Help grow awareness and sponsorship for our 3 golf outings.
- Welcome museum visitors and serve as a representative of the organization as needed, internally and externally.
- Answer directly to the directions of the executive director and President of the Board and have responsibility to execute the orders given by the HOF board of directors.
- All other duties as assigned.
A previous knowledge of the following programs and applications will be beneficial: Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, Adobe Suite; Google docs, etc.; Proficient use of Internet and email. Database use and management, content management system use and graphic design skills may be especially helpful.
The successful candidate must be able to manage many responsibilities in a non-profit museum setting and must be able to thrive in a small office environment with heavy volunteer involvement. An extensive knowledge of Indiana high school basketball history is not necessary, but a willingness to learn on the job is a must. Applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Previous sales/development experience is preferred.
Duties may include lifting, handling delicate and unique memorabilia. Long days, including evening and weekend hours, will be required at various times throughout the year.
Must communicate well, work well with others, be a self-starter and problem solver, display promptness, dependability, trustworthiness, common sense and have an upbeat and positive demeanor at all times. Must be able to work with a volunteer staff of a wide range of age, background, education, skills and abilities.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume, including at least three personal references and employment history with position, responsibilities and pay as soon as possible. The position is immediately available.
Resumes and materials may be sent to email@example.com, or mailed to One Hall of Fame Court, New Castle, IN 47362. No phone calls – no exceptions.