The Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame will reopen their 14,000 square foot museum in New Castle on Thursday, September 24.
The reopening will occur with notable changes, including limited days and hours of operation. The museum will be open to the public on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays (excluding major holidays) with hours of 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM (ET).
Giving consideration to COVID-19 precautions, the following guidelines will be in place for the foreseeable future and will be distributed to guests upon arrival:
- anyone with a fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea or other similar symptoms within 24 hours or with a confirmed case of COVID-19 or positive test for COVID-19 in the past 14 days are asked not to visit
- facemasks will be required of visitors
- hand sanitizer will be placed throughout the facility
- visitors will be expected to keep a minimum of 10 feet between themselves and the next nearest group
- seating in the Danielson Theater will be spaced appropriately for social distancing
- procedures will be put in place to limit overall visitor capacity (50%) and timed entry will be utilized as needed (one family/group per 15 minutes)
- a stylus will be issued to each group, limiting the amount of touching on interactive exhibits (some will be inaccessible)
- water fountains will be covered and inaccessible
- use of our elevator is discouraged, but will be available to those with disability and need
- visitors will be strongly discouraged from touching surfaces on display cases and in the enshrinement gallery
- daily (if not more frequent) cleaning and disinfecting procedures throughout the building with special attention to high-touch and high-traffic areas
The Hall of Fame has protocols in place to prevent staff and volunteers with symptoms or known exposure to COVID-19 from being in the facility and has policies for staff use of facemasks, sanitizer, etc.
Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame staff reserves the right to use a temporal thermometer to take a visitor’s temperature if they are suspected of fever or illness and Hall of Fame staff has the right to ask visitors to leave if in violation of any of the above listed visitor guidelines.
Days and hours of operation and visitor guidelines are subject to change as needed.
For the latest information, you are encouraged to call (765) 529-1891 prior to visiting.